[Mageia-artwork] Progress

Romain d'Alverny rdalverny at gmail.com
Wed Dec 22 18:08:06 CET 2010

Hi guys,

to replace today's meeting, here's a progress check by mail; we have
three main points:
  * icons cleaning/replacement process; dmorgan (packaging, process),
alexn83 (icons selection/building) and tumbeliina (coord, following)
are on this; could you give a status on this? (that is, did you select
a default icon set to use and started on a "test" module to try things
up?); we need the execution plan at least to be ready for January;
  * logo; it's in a refinement phase, I'll post more in January;
however, what's clear is that we will have an official Mageia logo and
Mageia community logos, _derived from_ the official logo and
_produced/approved by_ Mageia, on a case by case basis, and that usage
guidelines and requirements will make this clear; that's the plan, not
implemented yet; once the logo is refined, and its construction model
is clear + usage guidelines, we will rely on the artwork team to
build/validate derivatives;
  * alpha background; tumbeliina provided some samples; goal is to
make dead clear that alpha releases are not for regular use;
    * http://www.flickr.com/photos/43658233@N06/5269530892/
    * http://www.flickr.com/photos/43658233@N06/5269235888/

Feel free to add other points if required.

Also, no meeting planned next week, we will start over on January 5th,
18:00 UTC (for my part, I will be likely offline until Jan. 3rd).

Cheers, and merry Christmas to all!

Romain