[Mageia-artwork] 2011/week 17 review

Donald Stewart watersnowrock at gmail.com
Thu Apr 28 02:11:19 CEST 2011

On 27 April 2011 22:34, Thorsten van Lil <tvl83 at gmx.de> wrote:
> Am Mittwoch 27 April 2011, 20:20:54 schrieb Romain d'Alverny:
>> Here are the notes:
>> http://meetbot.mageia.org/mageia-artwork/2011/mageia-artwork.2011-04-27-17.
>> 12.ht
>
> Short update of my tasks:
> * Has Isolinux still alpha logo?:
> No alpha/beta sign in isolinux. Everything is fine so far.
>
> * open bug-report for plymouth :
> Bug-Report is open (Bug-1010)
>
> * update resolution list:
> The list of needed resolutions has been updated
> http://mageia.org/wiki/doku.php?id=artwork:installer#desktop_backgrounds
>
> * check if new lock-icon has been uploaded :
> No, it's still the old one. See the bug-report (bug 1010) for further
> information.
>
> Thorsten

Sorry I missed the meeting, weather was to nice to be inside!

With the backgrounds, not all of those resolution listed in the wiki
are needed as symlinks are made to many of them. See makefile. The
required ones are in the mageia-theme package.(currently minus a few I
think although not sure if we need them)

I have added ones with a darkness progression for the time of the day
transition, so that will help with contrast in all but the late
morning/early afternoon times.
Do we want to have the same background for Mageia 1 as we have in
Cauldren? I think changing it would be good as the current one looks a
little hackish, in a good way for Couldren, just not for final.

Ksplash is done, but could be refined, I will test a small program
mikala compiled for me just now to fix a small issue with it. I have
also made a dark ksplash and plymouth, maybe we could offer as
alternatives?
As for gsplash, is mageia-dev the best place to reach the gnome devs?
I need there input on how to proceed with it.

Donald