[Mageia-artwork] 2011/week 17 review

Donald Stewart watersnowrock at gmail.com
Thu Apr 28 12:01:00 CEST 2011

On 28 April 2011 10:10, Thorsten van Lil <tvl83 at gmx.de> wrote:
> Am 28.04.2011 10:47, schrieb Anne nicolas:
>>
>> We need ti change it indeed with much darker colo. Most of mime types
>> icons which can appear on desktop do have white background. It makes
>> it hardly readable and we cannot  change all of them. This should be
>> added as a prerequire in design specifications
>>
>> Cheers
>
> I see the following (fast) solutions:
> 1. We use the current one and invert the colors. Would look like this:
> https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/cZLcXCTQb0wda752EbuM6cWFIzFZ2BaC21XF10gWwzE?feat=directlink
> 2. We use a different available wallpaper of Alex. For example this one:
> http://www.flickr.com/photos/54316230@N06/5410392701/in/photostream
>
> (yes, the labels have to be modified for the release)
>
> 3. Use something different, like this one (very dark):
> https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/Sh_GexPv2D7YJFqdM3lnZMWFIzFZ2BaC21XF10gWwzE?feat=directlink
>
> Further proposals are more than welcome, as a dark theme doesn't fit the
> taste of the mass!
>
> However, if we change the wallpaper, we have to modify splash and login
> manager too. That's ok, as we have a contrast problem there too. But that's
> schulzs (Donald Stewart) turn, I guess?
>
> Thorsten

Considering that gfxboot and plymouth are the same, but kdm, (gdm?),
ksplash and backgrounds are different, I feel that some unification is
required as the generally theme seems slightly fractured. So maybe
while we're sorting out the background and whatnot we fix that too?

I really like the dark image image and the inverted one, however, I
thinks that that is too dark.
Was there ever a decision made about the colour scheme that we should
base things on? If not, how does something purple sound, as I don't
know of a purple Linux distro, if not, Mdv have moved away from blue
so we could take that.

WDYT?

Donald