[Mageia-artwork] Mageia 1 Background

Donald Stewart watersnowrock at gmail.com
Thu Apr 28 23:42:32 CEST 2011

On 28 April 2011 22:19, Thorsten van Lil <tvl83 at gmx.de> wrote:
> Hey there,
>
> there was a bit of bustle today because of the background image.
> The current one is to bright, which doesn't work well with a light taskbar and
> also with the white font.
>
> The idea now, is to replace the background with the blue pattern AlexN used
> for the plymouth and gfxboot theme. This one:
> http://www.flickr.com/photos/54316230@N06/5425490722/in/photostream
>
> This for, we get a uniformed look form the installer, over boot process, to
> the desktop.
>
> Are there any complains about it or (better) ideas?
>

> Furthermore, I've created an extra wallpaper, which matchs the theme of our
> website:
> https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/LF2rMMH7tlU7M3bzQ6CCxsWFIzFZ2BaC21XF10gWwzE?feat=directlink
> or, a bit darker (my favorite):
> https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/46amsd_WQUxCDhGI5Vl7TcWFIzFZ2BaC21XF10gWwzE?feat=directlink
>
> In action it looks like this:
> https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/xG8zqXYN3rz32UfgojgDgcWFIzFZ2BaC21XF10gWwzE?feat=directlink
>
> Regards,
> Thorsten
>
> P.S.: In the future we must also have a closer look to the other DEs (GNOME,
> LXDE, XFCE, ...), which has been nearly forgotten so far.

TeaAge, I really *really* like the darker one you have made. The one
that looks like the installer and whatnot was getting me down just
working on it (you may have noticed).

Is everyone ok if we go for the dark one for dm splash and background?
If so, can you post the svg file and I can get the necessary bit
chopped up and added.

Either way, we can get the theme done and ready for release tomorrow
with only minor bug fixes left if any at all.

Gnome and LXDE havn't been forgotton, gnome just uses default bg and
spash was dropped by upstream. LXDE doesn't have a splash, and ahmad78
fixed the bg a while back.
Not sure on XFCE though, I haven't used it in years, will check to see
if it has a splash/needing anything done.

Cheers, Donald.