[Mageia-artwork] 2011/week 17 review
jamagallon at ono.com
Fri Apr 29 00:14:37 CEST 2011
On Thu, 28 Apr 2011 12:51:11 +0200, "Romain d'Alverny" <rdalverny at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Apr 28, 2011 at 12:32, Donald Stewart <watersnowrock at gmail.com> wrote:
> > On 28 April 2011 11:25, Romain d'Alverny <rdalverny at gmail.com> wrote:
> >> Yes. Why not use the unified grid-like background image
> >> (Wall*-04.jpg)? (with or without the Mageia name on it) - there it
> >> would be unified with the boot sequence.
> > Romain, which grid image are you meaning? The current background or
> > plymouth theme?
> This. http://www.flickr.com/photos/54316230@N06/5425490722/in/photostream/
I like this image very much also...
- I understand that having some corporate image in the login (kdm, gdm)
window is desired, but don't forget that gdm or kdm hide the center of
- Continuity between boot steps is a pretty nice feature...
- I don't know if it happens to more people, but I find complex backgrounds
very distracting and hurt my eyes. If there are big letters or extreme
color changes in the background it annoys me. I could never put a portrait
of my children as background as many people do ;).
This is just a quick'n'dirty mockup:
- plymouth: http://webdiis.unizar.es/~magallon/mga/mga1.jpg
- gdm: http://webdiis.unizar.es/~magallon/mga/mga2.jpg
- desktop background: http://webdiis.unizar.es/~magallon/mga/mga3.jpg
So you fade smoothly from plymouth to gdm to default BG on login.
J.A. Magallon <jamagallon()ono!com> \ Winter is coming...
More information about the Mageia-artwork