[Mageia-artwork] logos and guidelines for the italian mageia forum

Marcello Anni marcello.anni at alice.it
Tue Feb 22 17:51:09 CET 2011

> Hi,
>
> On Tue, Feb 22, 2011 at 17:17, Marcello Anni <marcello.anni at alice.it> wrote:
> > except this, i would like to ask you if it's possible to have the
guidelines
> > and the logos/backgrounds of mageia in order to setup the italian mageia
> > forum.
>
> Those are not finalized yet, so we can't provide them at this time.
> Especially, there is no specific guideline yet for the community logo.

ok, when you finished them, if possibile let me know it : )

> > i'm planning to do it with the ILDN team, a non-profit organisation that
> > hosts all the major distro forums for italy and that can provide an
excellent
> > quality work and a good visibility for mageia.  thank you
>
> > PS= i've already heard Romain and he said it's ok, trust about me : )
> > PPS= the website should look like this www.mandrakeitalia.org
>
> That's a related, but separate issue, but then, we'll assign the
> "mageia-it" or "mageia-italia" name to this, to designate the local,
> italian chapter of Mageia community.

ildn has already bought the "mageiaitalia.org" domain, is it ok?

> Using this name will imply several things, among others (and that's a
> draft to design as well) (taking the Italian case here, but valid for
> other countries as well):
>  - following artwork and guidelines provided by the artwork team,
> without altering these without the team validation;
>  - linking back to http://mageia.org/it/ as for the official
> Mageia.org Italian website (from there we will link back to mageia-it
> local resources);
>  - http://forum.mageia.org/it/ will redirect to your website;
>  - (btw, would be nice that mageia.it redirects to mageia.org/it if
> you have a hand on it - the local Italian community url should be
> http://mageia-it.org/ instead);
>  - not trying to impersonate the "project as a whole" identity;
>  - cooperating within the local communities team in the project.
>
> That may sound too strict, but these are important items to keep
> things square and organized for the future.

this doesn't sound too strict, i agree with you. using the ILDN infrastructure
will allow italian community also to join the great platform they provide, i
think it's one of the best i've seen so far..

> Cheers!
>
> Romain

cheers,
Marcello