[Mageia-artwork] Summary last meeting

Thorsten van Lil tvl83 at gmx.de
Thu May 19 10:35:43 CEST 2011

Salut!

As advertised, yesterday has been a meeting, which I'd like to summarize.

Following topics has been discussed:
1. RC has been released
-----------------------
RC has been released and from the artwork point of view, this has been a
good release on the whole. There are just two glitches.
* ISOLINUX still has the old background image with "Only for testing" on
it. Does somebody know, where to fine the image on SVN?
* ksplash has a bad contrast of the logo and the background (but later
more on this topic).

2. Things to be done for release
--------------------------------
Most of our goals for release has been already reached (thank you for
all your work). But there are still some smaller tasks to do:
* As already said, ISOLINUX need the reworked background (very important!!)
* in ksplash the logo has to be slightly modified to match the
background. A friend of dtsiamasiotis already did this yesterday but it
still needs to be pushed.
* In the installer, we need nice icons for kde/gnome/custom install
(package selection overview). (would be nice but has a lower priority)
* Menu icon (for gnome/kde/... menu) is still needed. As it is a really
prominent place, this have to be done.
* advertising screens for the installer have also to be redone. The
current screens are concentrating on testers ("Thank you for testing",
...) which doesn't fit for a stable release. trishf42 from the marcom
team already agreed to address herself to this (thanks for that).
* New network status icons for the task bar, as the current ones aren't
well readable. Ennael is already working on that. Stay tuned.

3. Other
--------
As already mentioned, trishf42 from the marcom team has attended as a
special guest. Her main goal is to create an overall consistent look of
the distribution, the website and other stuff (like poster). For that
task, it is essential, that both teams are working closer together for
the next release.
Trish asked us for the following things:
* a poster layout (the one from alex is quite good) @Alex: can you may
send me the source-file of your poster proposal, so we can modify it
without extra work for you?
* Screenshots of installer, boot screen, desktop, ... (I will do this today)
* We need some ideas, how we may can bring website and distribution
themes a bit together, without big changes. Proposals?

Ok, that's it. I think it was a nice and productive meeting yesterday.
The full logs can be found here:
http://meetbot.mageia.org/mageia-artwork/2011/mageia-artwork.2011-05-18-17.22.log.html

Greetings,
Thorsten