[Mageia-artwork] New wiki

Oliver Burger oliver.bgr at googlemail.com
Wed Nov 9 10:10:39 CET 2011

Am Mittwoch, 9. November 2011, 09:17:00 schrieb Max Quarterpleen:
> That we already have, and in the new wiki as well.
> What we're missing is the artwork guidelines, and what else from the old
> wiki that needs to be migrated. On that I am not sure. It appears as if the
> old wiki has been used as a sort of notepad to write down half-formed
> thoughts and ideas, as well as a sort of TODO list of projects.
> It is (to my mind) disorderly and pointless.
In parts yes. So you can decide to discard things if you don't need them any
more. We have done that with quite some stuff.

> Most people visiting the
> Artwork page on the wiki don't need to see that. There might be room for
> another page where we list current projects, but we would have to keep that
> one updated. And for that to happen I would need to know which of those
> tasks on the current wiki are still relevant, which need to updated and
> which can be assigned to cybernetic oblivion.
You can always decide to import things into the Archive namespace so they
won't get lost.
Like e.g. https://wiki.mageia.org/en/Archive:Initially_registered_i18n_people

> > That brings to my mind. We should vote for a deputy in the next weeks.
> > Any volunteers for this job? Max maybe?
>
> What would a deputy do? How much time is required?
> (Please do not take that to mean that I have accepted said nomination)
Congrats on the job, you weren't fast enough in saying "no" :D

The time required as a deputy depends mostly on the team leader.
If the team leader doesn't know how to delegate, you won't really need any
more time then any other team member.
You might be asked to chair a meeting, to attend a council meeting or things
like that, when the team leader is unavailable.
But it might also mean, kind of an equal share of work between the team leader
and you.

Oliver