[Mageia-artwork] New wiki
rdalverny at gmail.com
Wed Nov 9 18:11:21 CET 2011
On Wed, Nov 9, 2011 at 16:11, Max Quarterpleen <bogusman222 at gmail.com> wrote:
> http://www.mageia.org/wiki/doku.php?id=artguide) to an archive in the new
> wiki. So nothing will be irrevocably lost.
> But I still need some definitive answers on which guidelines will go in the
> new wiki.
Per se, we don't have yet a consistent set of guidelines, neither for
artwork, for style, for charter.
- the above artguide that died somehow after we got our logo
- http://www.mageia.org/en/charter.html which is a quick style guide
for Web sites
- the mageia_visual_identity_guidelines page is a placeholder,
indeed. It can be not imported.
What's important is that we at least have a place where we gather
links/info about all recommandations for Mageia artwork and designs.
> But the question is, what goes in there?
Guidelines are here just to say what exists (opt. how it has been
built/designed), how to use it, and how not to use it. And who to ask
for requests that don't fit in the current guide.
This relates to:
- Mageia visual identity (logo, colours, layout) (in coord. w/ marcom
- community logos equivalent
- CD/DVD covers, printouts, posters
- ressources inside the distribution (splashscreens, icons)
- web sites
That can be extensive and we don't have all yet, and it will take
time. But that's the frame.
More information about the Mageia-artwork