[Mageia-artwork] Wiki skin modifications

Max Quarterpleen bogusman222 at gmail.com
Thu Oct 6 09:27:23 CEST 2011

OK, so here is what I found out:

   - A WikiMedia skin is a whole bunch of php and css files.
   - I'm not sure where to get the Cavendish-MW skin files from, we could
   probably try contacting the author. (Figure002 on Freenode)
   - Once we have that, changing the colors to something more Mageia-y is
   simply a matter of modifying the relevant css files.
   - I know absolutely nothing about php, and can stumble my way through a
   css.

I suggest that somebody with the necessary skills, probably from the web
team or doc team, get in touch with the author, and then work closely with
people on the artwork team to finalize the modifications.
I will be erratically available at more or less unpredictable times for the
next two weeks or so. If you suddenly find yourself with free time and want
to work on this, ping me and maybe we can work something out.
In the meantime, I suggest installing GPick and playing around with it.
Today I discovered that it enables one to prepare a preview of a website
template with selected colors. So you can load the MageiaPalette.gpa file
and in the right pane see all the colors, and then drag them over to the
Layout Preview tab and see how things look. That could give a general idea
of how we want it to look in the end.