[Mageia-artwork] quick charter doc

Romain d'Alverny rdalverny at gmail.com
Mon Oct 24 20:49:43 CEST 2011

On Mon, Oct 24, 2011 at 20:11, Patricia Fraser <trish at thefrasers.org> wrote:
>> as suggested during the previous meeting, here's a summary charter
>> of www.mageia.org, for a guide/reference for future changes:
>> http://www.mageia.org/en/charter.html . It's still very, very rough,
>> but that's a start.
>
> Romain, it doesn't match the colour palette - and the secondary
> non-white colour is a bit close to the Mandriva gold, ne?

It depends how you use it. Its use has been very narrow so far.

> Did you mean the colours to stay the same as they are now?

No; but I did what I suggested past week: a charter against the
existing state of things, nothing more, stating, among other things,
what colour is used for what.

As for the new colour palette, it is difficult to decide anything
without incarnation of it into something usable (being a charter or
full samples of Web/print docs). And the new colour palette is not
informative at all from this point of view (besides, it should be
reduced to 4/5 main colours, of which shades may be derived separately
for other goals).

But I may have completely missed the point, what I understood of the
previous meeting (I may have been wrong), was to be more cautious than
just jumping into the new palette without more evidence of how things
will look like in the end.

An updated charter proposal* (with new palette) + samples is a needed
step for that.

* preferably even better and more specific than mine, not too difficult :-p

Romain