[Mageia-artwork] Design for Mageia wiki

Max Quarterpleen bogusman222 at gmail.com
Tue Sep 13 10:56:08 CEST 2011

On Tue, Sep 13, 2011 at 9:20 AM, Wolfgang Bornath <molch.b at googlemail.com>wrote:

> 2011/9/13 Oliver Burger <oliver.bgr at googlemail.com>:
> > Hi out there,
> >
> > in yesterday's council meeting, we discussed the overdue wiki and I just
> send
> > a mail to all those people having registered for documentation team.
> > But we need artwork's help for creating the design of the coming wiki.
>
> Reading this one idea jumped up immediately:
> Mageia logos all over the pages as a watermark (in very pale blue to
> avoid reading problems). This would always show that you are on a
> Mageia site, even if the header is not in sight.
> This could be done with a simple page template. Of course I don't know
> if the wiki software allows automatic templates when somebody creates
> a new page. And I don't know how much extra weight such a watermark
> adds to the size (in kb) of a page.
>
> Maybe it's just one of those pre-breakfast ideas... (Oliver, beware of
> the "Early Bird Syndrome"!)
>
> --
> wobo

I find watermarks quite annoying when trying to read documents, no matter
how light it is.
Why can't we just stick with the worldwide standard for wikis? The Mageia
logo in the top corner, the Mageia favicon, and that's it.
I would keep the "standard" links bar at the top of the page though. You
know, the one on the forums and blog and a few other places.