[Mageia-artwork] Design for Mageia 2

Max Quarterpleen bogusman222 at gmail.com
Mon Apr 2 11:10:14 CEST 2012

On Mon, Apr 2, 2012 at 11:48 AM, Romain d'Alverny <rdalverny at gmail.com>wrote:

> On Mon, Apr 2, 2012 at 10:41, Max Quarterpleen <bogusman222 at gmail.com>
> wrote:
> > On Mon, Apr 2, 2012 at 11:37 AM, Romain d'Alverny <rdalverny at gmail.com>
> > wrote:
> >> Dark logo on dark background: too dark. With such a dark background,
> >> you may preferably use a white monochrome version of the logo;
> >> otherwise, like here, you better have no logo at all.
> >
> > I think it actually fits in very nicely with the coloration and flow of
> the
> > image.
>
> It does not. The logo is not clear, indistinguishable from the
> background but still playing with it, with no contrast. It hurts both
> the logo and the background.

I asked a friend who is colorblind in the red spectrum about the visibility
of the logo in this image: http://i.imgur.com/u4jfv.jpg (disregard the JPEG
artifacts, Imgur doesn't like PNGs for some reason).
He said that he can see it fine, it doesn't disappear into the image.
Unfortunately I don't have a friend who is colorblind in the blues, but I
do see how in that case it could be a problem.
Also, I played with my screen brightness and contrast, and there are a few
settings where the logo disappears. However, with common "natural" settings
it appears quite visible.