[Mageia-artwork] Design for Mageia 2

Donald Stewart watersnowrock at gmail.com
Mon Apr 2 11:39:24 CEST 2012

On 2 April 2012 10:10, Max Quarterpleen <bogusman222 at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Mon, Apr 2, 2012 at 11:48 AM, Romain d'Alverny <rdalverny at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>>
>> On Mon, Apr 2, 2012 at 10:41, Max Quarterpleen <bogusman222 at gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>> >
>> > I think it actually fits in very nicely with the coloration and flow of
>> > the
>> > image.
>>
>> It does not. The logo is not clear, indistinguishable from the
>> background but still playing with it, with no contrast. It hurts both
>> the logo and the background.
>

> I asked a friend who is colorblind in the red spectrum about the visibility
> of the logo in this image: http://i.imgur.com/u4jfv.jpg (disregard the JPEG
> artifacts, Imgur doesn't like PNGs for some reason).
> He said that he can see it fine, it doesn't disappear into the image.
> Unfortunately I don't have a friend who is colorblind in the blues, but I do
> see how in that case it could be a problem.
> Also, I played with my screen brightness and contrast, and there are a few
> settings where the logo disappears. However, with common "natural" settings
> it appears quite visible.

Background wise, its just a matter of putting the chosen logo on,
which will not take me long.
I wont pass judgement until I have seen the white monochrome logo,
however I was planning on trying with a greyscale one.

I have the background ready for plymouth, however i still need to get
the animation to run properly.

Ksplash is done, I just changed the background so it is the same as
Mga 1's, previews are on the list, testing would be appreciated.

I had a hdd failure last week which has help this up, I am still
getting things sorted out and at present don't have a linux
installation to work from. This will hopefully be sorted by tonight
and we can move forward with the various task.