[Mageia-artwork] Drakxtools and installer

Max Quarterpleen bogusman222 at gmail.com
Tue Apr 3 10:16:09 CEST 2012

We need to create a side-banner for these two programs, as well as a splash
screen for MCC.
Now this is pretty simple, it's just a few rectangle images with the Mageia
logo in various forms (grayscale for side-banner, natural for splash) and
the MCC icon for the splash screen. (The current icon might change)
But, we need to decide which part of the new background image we will use
for this.
The way I see it we have three options:

   1. The left-most part of the background for both (side-banner and
   splash). This makes a certain amount of sense since it is on the left part
   of the screen and will draw the eye properly and look natural
   2. The middle of the background for both (side-banner and splash). This
   makes it more interesting to look at and more memorable. (The eye is drawn
   to the whitish center of the image, and that is the part that people will
   remember and associate with Mageia).
   3. The left-most part for the side-banner and the middle for the splash.
   This takes advantage of both advantages, but is less coherent and
   consistent.