[Mageia-artwork] Need some artwork help please!

Patricia Fraser trish at thefrasers.org
Thu Jan 5 19:43:29 CET 2012

Hi all,

Hope everyone is recovering nicely from the season of Eat Too Much, and
here's all the best from over the fence at marcom to everyone in the
artwork world!

We've got FOSDEM coming up (4 & 5 February), and I want to get some
proper posters and a banner made up. I would have to collect them from
the printer at the latest on 3 February, and that means I would have to
give them the artwork on 27 January at the latest.

Stormi has made up some designs for posters and stuff for JDLL, and I
kind of like the look of them - white background, logo as per the
guidelines, two colours for text in a very plain font. You can see them
on the JDLL post on the blog.

I know we have some older poster files, but they're kind of
grey-looking, and we're moving more towards the brighter/lighter look,
so I'd like to start with new files.

I need two artwork files: one A0 landscape for a poster, and one 1600mm
high x 600mm wide for a banner. They should be either high-res or
scalable, for the best possible print quality. I can get them from a
dropbox or anywhere.

Stormi's designs are in French; FOSDEM is in Brussels, so we probably
need English or a mixture (not sure yet). I'll ask about slogans for
the posters on the marcom and council lists, and I should have text
ready to drop in by Tuesday next week at the latest.

Given all that, how soon could the design and the files be ready?

Cheers!

--
Trish Fraser, JD9R RQ2D
52.4161N,16.9303E