[Mageia-artwork] Maybe I should join the artwork team?

Sebastian sebsebseb sebsebseb_mageia at gmx.com
Tue Jan 24 03:04:48 CET 2012

On 23/01/12 13:41, Max Quarterpleen wrote:
> Also, in all fairness, none of us (except for the other newcomer,
> Guala) are actually graphic designers, we sort of fake it (please feel
> free to correct me if I am mistaken).
> But feedback is always welcome, as long as it's constructive.
> And as Donald said, you're already part of the team, so welcome :)
> Max
>
> On Mon, Jan 23, 2012 at 10:47 AM, Donald Stewart
> <watersnowrock at gmail.com <mailto:watersnowrock at gmail.com>> wrote:
>
>     On 23 January 2012 03:14, Sebastian sebsebseb
>     <sebsebseb_mageia at gmx.com <mailto:sebsebseb_mageia at gmx.com>> wrote:
>
>         Hi
>
>         I am not on the artwork team, but have been on the mailing
>         list for quite awhile now, and this is my first email to the
>         mailing list.
>
>         Maybe I should join the artwork team, because I am quite
>         interested in artwork made for Mageia? I would like to be
>         involved when it comes to Mageia's artwork even if it is
>         mainly just to provide feedback, because I am not really a
>         graphics designer, but could make very basic artwork if needed.
>
>         I plan to be at the artwork team meeting this Wednesday :) and
>         I have already had quite a bit of IRC contact with at least
>         one of the artwork team members already.
>
>         From
>         Sebastian
>
>         P.S
>
>         I hope Mageia 2 has artwork that I like a lot :)! I really
>         like the Mandriva 2010 series branding for example.
>

>     Well, in all fairness all that it takes to really join is to start
>     doing what you want to do.
>
>     You could have a look here:
>     http://www.flickr.com/groups/mageia-2-artwork/ feedback is always
>     welcome.

Donald thanks for the Flickr link, however I have been on that before.
Since reading your email this morning I have been thinking about what
kind of photos I could take in the future and submit as Mageia backgrounds.

Also I know exactly where I could probably take some rather nice photos,
this summer, if going there again, which probably will be.

Max thanks for the welcome :).