[Mageia-artwork] the main panel items

Balcaen John mikala at mageia.org
Thu Jan 26 04:53:52 CET 2012

On Wednesday 25 January 2012 14:31:52 المسالم المسالمة wrote :
> hello developers
>
> since we have an ordinary panel that kde already got

[...]
> so .... what do you think
Smooth-tasks is a no go so far because it's not maintained in kde's upstream &
thought was not buildable for KDE 4.8 (i found a patch recently but i need to
rediff it & try it).
I would rather suggests plasma-applets-icontasks which is provided by kde's
upstream (in kdeplasma-addons).
If you're using cauldron you should noticed that the task-manager in the panel
has been superseed by this applet ;o)

Regarding adding a new panel, i'm not against, but it should probably be
available using a javascript (under cauldron you're now able to add the
default mageia panel via a simple right click).

If you know how to check KDE RTL status, maybe it could be possible to script
& provides a RTL panel if needed

Regards,
--
Balcaen John