[Mageia-artwork] [Mageia-marketing] Proposal to merge with artwork

Donald Stewart watersnowrock at gmail.com
Fri Mar 16 11:21:51 CET 2012

I like the idea of having the different comm changes more. I guess separate
council representation is must.

Before we start to get ahead of our selves with community projects, is here
anything about server space as that would be of huge help for it. Also
better use of the forum would be a good atop gap until other services are
running.

On 15 Mar 2012 23:15, "Sebastian sebsebseb" <sebsebseb_mageia at gmx.com>
wrote:

> I wouldn't merge the teams per se (with their leads), but I would make
> a default common channel...
As Trish already knows I think merging the marketing and communications,
and artwork team together is a good idea.

I seem to pretty much agree with rda or nearly and I like Josh's name
suggestion more so than Oliver's.

I think MArtCom should be created, a IRC channel and mailing list. For the
IRC channel I am willing to register it and set it up as in giving leaders
and deputy leaders ops for example.

We could also drop two Mageia IRC channels that's marcom and artwork and
replace them with martcom. It also seems that marcom and artwork aren't
even registered on the Freenode network, or they are, but not set up in the
normal way.

As for the mailing list currently marketing and artwork have the mailing
lists on mailman:
some reason the newer mailing lists get listed at
https://ml.mageia.org/l/home instead. It also seems going by a docs team
meeting that I was in, that the older mailing lists are likely to
eventually move over to the newer set up. With the newer set up unlike the
old, a Mageia Identify account is also required to be on the mailing lists.

We could still keep the separate team IRC channels and mailing lists, but I
think it makes much more sense to do a proper merge and stop using them.

As for old emails to the mailing lists, they can either stay where they are
in the archives for the old mailing lists and people stop sending to that
list, or sending to is disabled. The messages could also be archived some
where else publicly.

As for the meeting IRC logs they can stay in there sections at
http://meetbot.mageia.org for the old channels, and I expect they can also
be pointed to from a new martcom IRC channel section.

As for the team leader and deputy team leader positions, I agree with rda
or pretty much it seems. I think Trish should instantly become the leader
of the new MArtCom, and I become the deputy leader, since I won the vote
for becoming that recently for marketing.  However Trish and myself would
be mainly the marketing side of the MArtCom team, and leader-wise we need
the artwork as well, and so Max for example could become the other deputy
leader or leader. Like rda suggested and I 100% agree with him, the team
should have two seats at the council.  Well actually maybe it should have
more than that depending on how things go in the future.

I would probably want Max to be the deputy leader or leader of a new
MArtCom team on the artwork side. TeaAge it seems has been away for a long
time, and I think the artwork team should have a vote like other teams have
been doing on who should be leader and deputy leader. Or members of a new
MArtCom team can vote (if we start that team) for who should be the leader
and deputy leader on the artwork side.