[Mageia-artwork] Provisional Backgrounds

Rémi Verschelde remi at verschelde.fr
Sun Mar 25 15:48:47 CEST 2012

2012/3/25 Max Quarterpleen <bogusman222 at gmail.com>:
> I had made some provisional  images with the logo, all the same resolution,
> just to see what we like.
> http://www.mediafire.com/?uo3yah8myxpa1j5
> There are 6 images: two different types of shadow behind the logo with the
> logo placed in the top/center/bottom-right.
> I had asked a few people on the council about whether this was OK, and
> nobody has yet gotten back to me.
> Tell us what you guys think.

My personal preference goes to “drop shadow bottom right”. I'm fine
with “shadow bottom right” too if the council states that the drop
shadow is a sensible modification to the logo.

I set it as my KDE desktop background, and the logo is indeed a bit
too low, the KDE taskbar hides a part of the “g”. But as you said
previously, Max, we can polish the position of the logo once we have
chosen where it should go.

Regards,
Rémi / Akien