[Mageia-artwork] Did anyone check that...

loqo hoverflydesign at googlemail.com
Mon Mar 26 02:22:27 CEST 2012

On 26/03/12 09:15, Sebastian sebsebseb wrote:
> Hi
>
> I'll mention this on the artwork mailing list first, but I expect I
> can in the council meeting later as well:
>
> I recently thought of it again, did anyone check that the chosen
> background, was really made by the person that submitted it? That it
> wasn't for example found on the Internet and then submitted for
> inclusion in Mageia? Or even taken from proprietary software that
> included the image?

ALL submissions MUST come with a waiver, to allow Mageia free use of the
image in any way and to state that the work is entirely their own
creation/property. This is not common sense, it is a legal necessity!
Mageia cannot afford to be sued or have artwork removed after release.

A submission process needs to be put in place and followed strictly. A
standard form/wording needs to be drafted and reviewed fast!