[Mageia-artwork] Did anyone check that...

Sebastian sebsebseb sebsebseb_mageia at gmx.com
Mon Mar 26 04:01:03 CEST 2012

>> ALL submissions MUST come with a waiver, to allow Mageia free use of the
>> image in any way and to state that the work is entirely their own
>> creation/property. This is not common sense, it is a legal necessity! Mageia
>> cannot afford to be sued or have artwork removed after release.
>>
>> A submission process needs to be put in place and followed strictly. A
>> standard form/wording needs to be drafted and reviewed fast!
> A huge and major +1
Indeed at that and +1 from me as well, however I don't know for sure,
but I have a feeling that, that didn't really happen, and it was just
let anyone who wanted to upload images, and then select from that.

Also something else, I like how Max has put the Mageia logo on the
chosen background on the bottom right, but why is the artwork team doing
this, and not the original graphics designer? I mean surely they can be
contacted about this kind of thing right?

 From Sebastian