[Mageia-artwork] Did anyone check that...

Max Quarterpleen bogusman222 at gmail.com
Mon Mar 26 15:16:57 CEST 2012

On Mon, Mar 26, 2012 at 11:21 AM, Donald Stewart <watersnowrock at gmail.com>wrote:

> On 26 March 2012 03:29, Patricia Fraser <trish at thefrasers.org> wrote:
> > Hi loqo,
> >
> >> ALL submissions MUST come with a waiver, to allow Mageia free use of
> >> the image in any way and to state that the work is entirely their own
> >> creation/property. This is not common sense, it is a legal necessity!
> >> Mageia cannot afford to be sued or have artwork removed after release.
> >
> > Already done: submissions to artwork must be licensed CC-by-SA.

Yeah, that was in the Wiki and I think the blog post.

> > Cheers,
> > --
> > Trish Fraser, VVMZ4 91L2V
> > -35.67896, 142.66637
> > Mon Mar 26 13:28:55 EST 2012
> > GNU/Linux 1997-2011 #283226 linuxcounter.net
> > andromeda up 2 day(s), 65 hour(s), 5 min.
> > kernel 2.6.38.8-desktop-10.mga
> > --

> I think that the logo was being put on by us as the exact location of
> it needed to still be decided and it makes the images more versatile.
> Only the background require the logo, everything else draws its own
> logo.

The logo problem is a little mess-up with council. They chose an image that
didn't exactly adhere to all the rules of the contest. Rather than play the
blame game I decided it would just be much easier for us to pick up the
slack and fix the problem. In retrospect, it's a good thing because this
makes the image more modular, as Donald pointed out.
It all works out for the best :)