[Mageia-artwork] Why is the wrong logo used in the Grub theme?

Sebastian sebsebseb_mageia at gmx.com
Tue May 1 23:34:42 CEST 2012

Max put:

> The correct logo is used in the Gnome theme.
> It's just that Gnome 3 has a semi-transparent black overlay. See that
> scroller bar there? That shows that there is in fact a widget on top
> of the desktop background.
> When you put a semi-transparent black overlay on top of something
> white it appears gray.
The email was mainly about the Grub theme, but I had wondered about the
Gnome theme, so thanks for the explanation :).

Anne put:

> Because I did the gfxboot part (not grub) and at that moment I did not
> have the right logo. It will be fixed as soon as possible (days are
> only 24h )

Oh ok, well no big deal :), but when it comes to the logo, the main
thing is that the final is using the correct logo where it's meant to,
and ideally the release candidate as well :).

Max put:
> And in the future, please send only one email to the list about this.

Anne put:
> No need to write twice the same thing. cf your mail about grub

It's because I wanted to add something that I sent another email as
well, sorry.

I put:
> Well with the exception of the Grub theme I guess. I haven't tried it
> yet, but I think it's a animated Cauldron.
I meant the Plymouth theme, and I think I did try it from the Beta 3
Live CD's I made.