[Mageia-bugsquad] proposals to improve the triage

Manuel Hiebel manuel+ml at hiebel.eu
Tue Aug 23 17:57:42 CEST 2011

Hi Thierry, thanks for the reply and great to see you here :)

Le mardi 23 août 2011 à 17:33 +0200, Thierry Vignaud a écrit :
> On 23 August 2011 16:33, Manuel Hiebel <manuel+ml at hiebel.eu> wrote:
> > The majority of the rpms has not maintenairs.
> > For example, to who can we assign installer bug? there is not
> > maintenairs for drakx-installer-*
>
> That's not bad.
> Installer is managed by a team (even if recently i was nearly the only
> one to contribute).
> I've a list of installer bugs that I read:
> https://bugs.mageia.org/buglist.cgi?cmdtype=runnamed&namedcmd=drakx-install
> https://bugs.mageia.org/buglist.cgi?cmdtype=runnamed&namedcmd=installer
> https://bugs.mageia.org/buglist.cgi?cmdtype=runnamed&namedcmd=install-text
> https://bugs.mageia.org/buglist.cgi?cmdtype=runnamed&namedcmd=install-stage1
> https://bugs.mageia.org/buglist.cgi?cmdtype=runnamed&namedcmd=drakx-installer-rescue

So if the team is just you in the states of things, ok
> > Some bug can be easily fixed. Like 'Mandriva Linux' in strings of some
> > text file, or other.  For them, Dmorgan created the tag Junior_Job
> > (https://bugs.mageia.org/describekeywords.cgi) seems similar to easyfix
> > by Redhat.
>
> Nice!
> Should be more advertized though.
> Maybe sharing a prerefistered search would be nice (like the one I share above)

done
> > What can we do for reduce the number of Bugs ?
> Agressivily assign bugs to latest package uploader?
I am not sure that all packager (for example: ennael 300rpms or dmorgan
1000rpm uploaded) can work their rpms's bugs.

> > Maybe we can also create an alias for a group of package ? like
> > gnome3-maint AT groups.mageia.org.
>
> Could be usefull: gnome3-maint, kde-maint, drakx-maint
>
> My 2 cents

Finally I will send this evening rather mageia-dev, it will be more
useful there.