[Mageia-dev] How to help Mageia project ?

Anssi Hannula anssi.hannula at iki.fi
Sat Sep 18 23:02:25 CEST 2010

On Saturday 18 September 2010 21:14:22 Jean Gabriel HAYS wrote:
> Hello guys ! :)

Hello! :)

> I think that forking Mandriva distribution is a really good idea !
> I'd really appreciate to bring help in Mageia project but I don't know
> how...
>
> I've some technical abilities in bash scripting, rpm packaging (CentOS
> packaging essentially), testing, debugging, ...
> I've a good experience in "web communication" too : in the past, I've
> created the French MLO website (http://www.mandrivalinux-online.org) and
> Community64 project (http://www.community64.net)
>
> So, at this point I don't know what to do... Maybe the simplest thing to do
> is talking about Megaia everywhere on Internet ?

Yes, right now that is probably the easiest thing. When we get further (e.g.
web/wiki/forum/mirror/buildsystem/bugdb/svn infrastructure, hopefully very
soon), we'll of course welcome any packaging and testing help.

And of course participating in the discussions on this ml is helping as well
:)

--
Anssi Hannula