[Mageia-dev] Wondering if my e mails are fetting through

Maarten Vanraes maarten.vanraes at gmail.com
Mon Sep 20 01:15:00 CEST 2010

Op maandag 20 september 2010 01:07:51 schreef David Boles:
> On 9/19/2010 7:03 PM, Maarten Vanraes wrote:
> > Op maandag 20 september 2010 00:54:47 schreef David Boles:
> >> On 9/19/2010 6:45 PM, Maarten Vanraes wrote:
> >>
> >> The 'fix' for this is to reply-to or post-to the list (this works will
> >> all lists) and to Bcc: yourself. Gmail will 'keep' your post when it
> >> comes back from the list but it will pass on to you the Bcc: that you
> >> sent to yourself. Your Email client will / should put it into the
> >> thread. Mine does.  :-)
> >>
> >> BTW: That is what I have done here.
> >
> > it's still a bug that should be bloody fixed.
> >
> > how do you set this stuff up?
>
> Google does not consider it to be a bug.

I know, but it _IS_ a bug. it should be fixed. this totally bypasses all rfc's
on email...

the purpose of an email server is to deliver the mail or reject it. NOT DROP
IT SILENTLY!!!

> Set it up? Do you mean Bcc: yourself. Bcc: means 'blind carbon copy' add
> that under the To: line.
>
> Here for example:
>
> To: mageia-dev at mageia.org
> Bcc: 'your email address'

i meant automated, on my mailserver which sends all my mails from my gmail
address through the authenticated google smtp gateway.