[Mageia-dev] A little attention please

Wolfgang Bornath molch.b at googlemail.com
Mon Sep 20 14:43:43 CEST 2010

2010/9/20 Angelo Naselli <anaselli at linux.it>:
> lunedì 20 settembre 2010 alle 13:54, Michael Scherer ha scritto:
>> Of course, we are all happy of the tremendous support of the community,
>> but more than 500 messages in 2 days is a little bit too much for me to
>> digest, and so I would like to share a few points :
> [...]
> I believe you're right. I'm one who feel guilty for that. Maybe you
> can consider to add a note to mageia web site, so that people
> who read it, already know that here it's all under construction
> yet and they need to wait to get involved or maybe talk via IRC
> if their contribute can be considered of high importance in this
> phase.

This is included in the announcement:

"A not-for-profit organization will be set up in the coming days"
says that the initial founding is not finished yet.

"We will discuss and lay down details in the coming days."
This says that the initial structure including some guides will be
discussed and announced soon.

I feel a bit like Michael, although I do not have a similar job in
this whole system I tried to read all mails - yesterday and today I
spent some hours on that, leaving IRC Saturday night with my head
spinning. Of course may be that "I'm too old for this sh**" :)

As for the domains registering, this is a bit different because there
are nasty and greedy folks out there who will try to get their paws on
such new names only to sell them later. Registering such things like
mageia.<country-tld> may be a good thing - I did that for mageia.de
but of course I am ready to give it to the organisation if needed.

wobo