[Mageia-dev] i686 must be Pentium II ?

Olivier FAURAX olivier at faurax.fr
Mon Sep 20 22:30:51 CEST 2010

Le 20/09/2010 21:14, Florian Hubold a écrit :
> AFAIK mandriva packages are not optimized/built for i686
> (anything above Pentium Pro) but for i586. And i suppose
> that's not gonna change.

If I remember well, the long i586/i686 debate on cooker has been
terminated with 2 facts : there are no massive improvements on software
X (I don't remember which one) and we have to keep compatibility with
some netbooks (OEM with mandriva).

If mageia doesn't target these netbooks and if you can show real
improvement, I think this can be discussed.

Have a nice day
--
Olivier FAURAX, http://ofaurax.free.fr/
"Keyboard error.... Press a key to continue" Bill G.