[Mageia-dev] Art, Logo and Branding

Wolfgang Bornath molch.b at googlemail.com
Fri Sep 24 00:50:35 CEST 2010

2010/9/24 Marc Paré <marc at marcpare.com>:

> It may be to our benefit to see if some similar growth models could be
> applied to Mageia.

My main reason to applaud the decision to start Mageia and also my
main motivation to join this project is the fact that it is community
driven and community led. That it is not subject to commercial
strategies and/or necessities or even pressure and restraints. I am
not interested to face this situation again that some manager tells me
what I have to do because of a situation he (or his kind) has created
or caused.

If somebody thinks about commercial options I will only agree if these
options are under control of the community board, not the other way
round, and if this commercial part has a different name and brand.

I've been suffering from this mixture of commercial and half-free and
free Mandriva Linux for years, having to correct misunderstandings,
unclear descriptions and articles which still today make users at
events ask me, "why Mandriva takes money for their distribution while
Ubuntu is cost free?".

I don't want that to be repeated with Mageia.

wobo