[Mageia-dev] i686 must be Pentium II ?

Giuseppe Ghibò ghibomgx at gmail.com
Sat Sep 25 22:19:28 CEST 2010

2010/9/25 R James <upsnag2 at gmail.com>

> I *definitely* do not want to see dropping support for everything that
> doesn't do SSE2 (which was discussed in the Fedora thread you linked).

I read the https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Features/F12X86Support. IMHO
optimizing for some ATOM specific CPU get 1% improvement, IMHO those are
peanuts and not worthwhile to change anything at cost of loosing
compatibility. ATOM and distro and applications running on ATOMs needs much
much more boosts (BTW, I've ATOM 450 and I run directly the 64bit 2010.1
distro on it, so should be SSE2 optimzed at source, and IMHO it is still
underpowered for plain tasks).

G.