[Mageia-dev] i686 must be Pentium II ?

Maarten Vanraes maarten.vanraes at gmail.com
Sun Sep 26 19:24:06 CEST 2010

Op zondag 26 september 2010 14:25:43 schreef Giuseppe Ghibò:
[...]
> As I said I would see someone with such hardware, taking a CD of latest MDV
> or cooker and try to install to do something and do a report.
[...]

I have currently a Pentium 66 running a thin client XDMCP mandriva setup. and
i don't want to lose support for it.

It works perfectly for what it is designed for.

there is absolutely no reason to have everything compiled for i686 since it
provides no measurable difference in speed/efficiency. and why excluding those;
if you really want it like that, check out that guy that installed Mandriva in
the gentoo way (from compiling the src.rpm's), that way you can have any flags
you want.)

I will not say anything else on this subject.

Kind regards,

Maarten Vanraes