[Mageia-dev] Will this work for a build system?

P. Christeas p_christ at hol.gr
Mon Sep 27 09:00:27 CEST 2010

On Sunday 26 September 2010, herman wrote:
> BTW, I once calculated (test plus extrapolation) how long it would take
> to rebuild every package in Mandriva on a low end 2 GHz Celeron server
> that I had available and it came to about 80 days.

I, frankly, don't care.

See, that would be the final packaging for a release. In the meanwhile, we
could exchange our Cauldron packages in a less-secure constellation of build
machines. If we admit that cauldron rpms are just built by the packagers (but
also signed etc.), then we take a lot of load off the "release" build cluster.

--
Say NO to spam and viruses. Stop using Microsoft Windows!