[Mageia-dev] Will this work for a build system?

Frank Loewe loewe at dotcom-service.net
Mon Sep 27 11:12:04 CEST 2010

>What about virtualization?
>
>Maybe we could set-up some kind of cluster of remote and dedicated vm's as a unique build system. Could be a good workaround over security and integrity issues, 'cause we are using >a "single" build system.

That is the thing SuSE OBS does. The System which builds the package is a VM on a XEN Host, which is generated automatically from a defined Image, every time and for every package.
So it is clear, that the package is built on a clean system with the right OS and Patch level.

--
Mit freundlichem Gruß
Frank Loewe

dotcom-service Ltd. & Co. KG.
Robertstr.6
42107 Wuppertal
Tel.: +49 202 430429-01
Fax.: +49 202 430429-10
HRA21922, Amtsgericht Wuppertal
Geschäftsführer: Frank Loewe, Melanie Castellaz
Pers. haftende Gesellschafterin:
dotcom-service Ltd, 2 OLD BROMPTON ROAD, SUITE 276,LONDON SW7 3DQ, Company No. 05452606
Niederlassung Deutschland, Robertstr.6, 42107 Wuppertal

Disclaimer added by CodeTwo Exchange Rules 2007
www.codetwo.com<http://www.codetwo.com>