[Mageia-dev] List Options: Is it possible to disable HTML?

Ahmad Samir ahmadsamir3891 at gmail.com
Mon Sep 27 17:17:23 CEST 2010

On 27 September 2010 17:31, Colin Guthrie <mageia at colin.guthr.ie> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Is it possible in mailman to reject HTML messages?
>
> I've been seeing quite a few HTML messages on the list and it makes life
> a bit more difficult (due to changing styles within a thread) when
> reading and skim-reading lots of mails. Consistency is key to quick
> consumption of messages!
>
> If possible, can we forcibly reject HTML formatted emails from the list?
>
> If that is not possible, can everyone please configure their mail
> clients to send plain text only emails to the list address please?
>
> Cheers
>
> Col
>
> --
>
> Colin Guthrie
> mageia(at)colin.guthr.ie
> http://colin.guthr.ie/
>
> Day Job:
>  Tribalogic Limited [http://www.tribalogic.net/]
> Open Source:
>  Mageia Contributor [http://www.mageia.org/]
>  PulseAudio Hacker [http://www.pulseaudio.org/]
>  Trac Hacker [http://trac.edgewall.org/]

Well, rejecting them would be just rude :p

Seriously though, the new fork news has brought a lot of people to the
ML land; for some it's probably their first time using an ML so it's
gonna take a bit of time/mistakes/education until everyone grasps all
the netiquette fine bits and pieces.

--
Ahmad Samir