[Mageia-dev] Better saying it.

Colin Guthrie mageia at colin.guthr.ie
Mon Sep 27 18:16:10 CEST 2010

'Twas brillig, and Maurice Batey at 27/09/10 16:16 did gyre and gimble:
> On Mon, 27 Sep 2010 14:15:27 +0100, Colin Guthrie wrote:
>
>> I believe that is the intention at present, yes.
>
>  Sounds rather ambitious to start off with.

Considering that the first release we do will be very, very similar to
Mandriva, I don't think this is any more ambitious than say a 2010.0 ->
2010.1 upgrade.

If packaging and names etc. diverges , then yes, the problem becomes
bigger, but rather than something we introduce over time, it's actually
very likely the opposite that will be easier. e.g. migrating from Mdv
2010.1 -> Mga v1 will likely be trivial, but come a year from now,
Upgrading Mdv 2011.1 -> Mga v3 could be more problematic!

Col

--

Colin Guthrie
mageia(at)colin.guthr.ie