[Mageia-dev] What do you think about create a Mageia Welcome Center?

Wolfgang Bornath molch.b at googlemail.com
Wed Sep 29 19:50:18 CEST 2010

2010/9/29 Gustavo Giampaoli <giampaoli.gustavo at gmail.com>:

> I mean, Kaptan is a configuration tool.
>
> Display links is more a kind of "information" page.
>
> So, the Welcome Center should be an info page, or a full featured tool
> that can set most common things for newbies?

I'd put more weight on the information part.

It should guide the user to all relevant places for up-to-date
information about Mageia, to help pages (the wiki), to discussion and
support places like the forums, etc., preferrably in the language he
sets when installing the system.

Then you can add internal links to the control center, to
softwaremanagement, to hardware information.

Reason: After installation what he needs first in case of problems is
addresses he can turn to to get help. Other places are easily found in
the start menue (a section "Top Apps / Tools" would help there) but
there are no links to helping people in the menue.