[Mageia-dev] What do you think about create a Mageia Welcome Center?

André Machado afmachado at dcemail.com
Thu Sep 30 02:49:34 CEST 2010

> I agree with Dick, for me the whole idea seems patronising. I have
> seen this described as being for newbies or old users, well at 67
> tears old I certainly do not feel the need for this.

Think in emotive computer. Think that user starts up your computer and sees a
window with text: "Good morning/afternon/night username!". And in another line,
"You have 3 new e-mails". And on side, tue current weather and, below, a list of
user compromises for that day, all together the hardware information and
shortcuts for common tasks and diagnostic tests of hardware and software, and a
warning that package updates are available! - yes, I had all these new ideas now!

In fact, most of the "Welcome Center" button are destined not to show them more,
but if we can add useful features, the MWC will be a productivity tool, the
starting point for the entire operation of the computer!