[Mageia-dev] Can Firefox be included in Mageia?

Wolfgang Bornath molch.b at googlemail.com
Thu Sep 30 22:44:26 CEST 2010

2010/9/30 Oliver Burger <oliver.bgr at googlemail.com>:
> Graham Lauder <yorick_ at openoffice.org> schrieb am 2010-09-30
>> That is an interesting question, from a personal point of view I would like
>> the Mageia team to throw developer weight behind Konqueror, my favourite
>> browser, especially if we aim at "Best KDE OS". With Opera as a non-free
>> alternative.
> That is not a good idea. As a web-developer I can teel you, there's only one
> browser, which can compete with Firefox's rendering of html and javascript.
> And that's Chromium.

I agree to Oliver. While I'm working with Chromium browser I do a lot
of testing of web pages with html/php/js with many different browsers
on different systems, even Windows 7. Konqueror has never been a
friend of mine and it is not going to be. Too slow, too many hickups
with pages all other browsers have no problems with, etc.
I know that personal preferences are not the same as reasonable
arguments but those preferences have grown because of reasons.

BTW: Anne wrote earlier in this thread that the problems with Mozilla
are solved, if so then this issue is not an issue any more,

wobo