[Mageia-dev] Talk of Browsers

Wolfgang Bornath molch.b at googlemail.com
Fri Oct 1 10:44:07 CEST 2010

2010/10/1 Thierry Vignaud <thierry.vignaud at gmail.com>:
> On 1 October 2010 04:07, Tux99 <tux99-mga at uridium.org> wrote:
>> While we are at it, why don't we rather include AdblockPlus enabled by
>> default with EasyList+EasyPrivacy filters for Firefox?
>> Blocking off ads and tracking scripts makes Firefox a lot faster too!
>
> I've packaged this extension (in contribs) a long time ago so that not
> every user of a sytem has to install it in its own account.
> Of course you still have to subscribe to easylist.

Which extionsion a user wants to instaall should be left to the user's
decision. Make the install easy but do not install any extensions by
default. I've never used those extensions, except the developper bar.
Somebody told me to install Adblock and whatever, I did and FF became
unstable but not one second faster.
Maybe because I do not visit many sites with large ads and all that
bling-bling stuff.

Anyhow, as a rule do not add any stuff by default that the user ought
to decide for himself, this is not Windows. We should not tell the
user what he wants to do.

wobo