[Mageia-dev] Talk of Browsers

Wolfgang Bornath molch.b at googlemail.com
Fri Oct 1 11:12:46 CEST 2010

2010/10/1 Michael Scherer <misc at zarb.org>:

> I always wondered why Microsoft didn't crush Google by forcing such
> settings in Internet Explorer some years ago. They could even have done
> worst, downloading but not showing and ask the choice to users on
> install time, and let advertisers know this fact ( which would have
> rendered all statistics useless, and therefor disrupted the market in a
> way that Google would no longer earn as much money ).
>
> Maybe I am more evil than Microsoft :(

No, I don't think so, although one never knows :)

I think it's logical. The smaller you are the more you need to come up
with sophisticated ideas to compete with the Big Ones. Microsoft grew
too big too fast, then all they needed to compete was their sheer
force. As an elephant does not need smart escape strategies like
little animals or poison like small snakes. Imagine an elephant with a
poisonous tooth (set aside that he is a vegetarian).

Microsoft always had a blind spot for such things, they did not
recognize the internet early enough and they did not recognize the ad
business early enough. They are nothing more than a very large but
dumb monster.