[Mageia-dev] How will be the realese cycle?

David W. Hodgins davidwhodgins at gmail.com
Fri Oct 1 22:51:48 CEST 2010

On Fri, 01 Oct 2010 16:41:59 -0400, Olivier Méjean <omejean at yahoo.fr> wrote:

> guess there is a way to innovate. Maybe a core part of the distribution could
> be in fixed release, the rest in rolling release.

If the release number was no longer part of the rpm name, packages that were
not changed (which I would expect to be the bulk of them), would not have to
be recompiled, or downloaded/installed, every six months.  That would
greatly reduce the amount of work for the developers, and the users.

Regards, Dave Hodgins