[Mageia-dev] How will be the realese cycle?

Raphaël Jadot ashledombos at hodo.fr
Mon Oct 4 15:34:50 CEST 2010

2010/10/4 Buchan Milne <bgmilne at multilinks.com>:
> Wait, you're complaining that software in the distribution is too old, but
> you're running the previous release of the distribution (2010.0 I guess, but
> you aren't clear).

In fact the main problem is the "fear" of upgrade. If i understand
correctly what Olivier and all people wanting rolling mean, they fear
this "violent" upgrading, feeling it as a kind of lotery. Will it work
? Will it freeze ? Will there be some hidden bugs ? what will change ?
and if there is a bug, which of the 1497 packages upgraded is
responsible for it ?
Even though the upgrade have become more and more efficient along
times, there is a lot of sweat before, during and after an upgrade.
And sometimes, upgrading every 6 month a lot of machines can be quite
violent for a weak heart :)

RJ