[Mageia-dev] Talk of Browsers

andré andr55 at laposte.net
Thu Oct 7 05:01:13 CEST 2010

Marc Paré a écrit :

>> Personally I use Gnome, so I would rather that Mageia would not become
>> too KDE-centric. (Actually I use Mozilla Seamonkey instead of Mozilla
>> Firefox, but that is another question.)
>> If Kmail/Konqueror is installed by default, then the enormous KDE
>> libraries must be installed, all of which I (or any other Gnome user)
>> will have to remove.
>> If there is a default browser installed, is much better if it is
>> KDE/Gnome agnostic, like Firefox.
>> (i.e. does not require either KDE or Gnome.)
>>
>> As far as extensions go, I agree to leave that to the user. With Mozilla
>> (Firefox or Thunderbird or Seamonkey), any extension can be installed
>> from inside the program, with a few clics. Even saves making any RPMs
>> for the extensions.
>> (I would make localisation extensions an exception.)
>>
>> - André (andre999)
>>

> I am not sure anymore, but I thought I had read somewhere that Mageia
> would be a KDE-centric distro "à la Mandriva", but still offer Gnome
> etc. if the user wished to install it.
>
> Someone?
>
> Marc
I saw that suggestion from somebody (in a post to this or the
mageia-discuss list). Mandriva officially supports both KDE and Gnome,
to my understanding.
Since I came to Mandriva from RedHat, I'm more used to Gnome.
I've tried KDE; it take a lot more space, and Gnome suits me better.
So evidently, I'd like Mageia to support both.

- André (andre999)