[Mageia-dev] News about the forum

Tux99 tux99-mga at uridium.org
Thu Oct 7 15:13:05 CEST 2010

Quote: maat-ml wrote on Thu, 07 October 2010 14:50

> We are currently starting to work on mageia ldap and forum connection.
>
> If properly working that will avoid contributors to have to create
> accounts everywhere (forums, build system, bugtracker...)
>
> A common web identity manager like http://identity.kde.org will allow
> people to suscribe, manage their passwords and other profile data \o/

Sounds great, please try to include mailman into the ldap setup, so that a
registered forum member can also post to the MLs (via the forum ML gw)
without having to subscribe separately to the ML.

I assume the phpBB3 forum sw has the capability (like most forum sw) to
define various categories of users so that (if necessary) the posting to
some MLs can be restricted to specific categories of users (for exampled
devs).

While I don't think such restrictions will be necessary, including them in
the planning should calm fears of people who are fear a flooding of the
MLs by hordes of uneducated noobs.

--
Mageia ML Forum Gateway: http://mageia.linuxtech.net/forum/