[Mageia-dev] How will be the realese cycle?

Wolfgang Bornath molch.b at googlemail.com
Mon Oct 11 19:02:16 CEST 2010

2010/10/11 vfmBOFH <vfmbofh at gmail.com>:

> BTW, some of blogdrake's voters is a former user / admin who was MIA for
> three years or so. Don't underestimate the interest generated by mageia's
> project :)

Ha, After the news about Mageia I received a mail from somebody I did
not meet/read für 10 years! This news really caused some vibes :)
Just started the poll at MandrivaUser.de and will let it roll for 5
days - hopefully our packagers can add some details to my explanations
of the options.

BTW: Found one reason not to use a pure rolling release which has not
been mentioned before: PR!
With a release every 6/8/12 months you can shout it out into the
world: "The NEW Mageia is out"" which always catches not only those
who were waiting but also curious people who never heard about Mageia.
You don't have that kind of PR for a rolling distro which never puts
out a real new release.