[Mageia-dev] How will be the realese cycle?

Marc Paré marc at marcpare.com
Thu Oct 14 16:31:56 CEST 2010

Le 2010-10-14 09:57, Tux99 a écrit :

> Quote: marc wrote on Thu, 14 October 2010 15:49
>>
>> Is it me or is the poll different? The overall feeling on the Spanish
>> Blogdrake is to "like Mandriva a stable system with upgrades and
>> backports" at 58%. I imagine this means keeping to Mandriva release
>> cycle with no changes.
>>
>> Wouldn't it make sense to have the same poll? I guess, this way we
>> still
>> get the results of a poll and a sense of the community feeling anyway.
>
> I guess the old rule of polls applies:
> depending on how you formulate the poll question and the description of the
> options you can hugely influence the results...
>
> Personally I think a poll without educating everyone about what exactly
> each choice would mean is useless. We first need to elaborate detailed
> alternatives before anyone can make an informed choice.

I agree. However, I would view these polls as both a way to inform
people and a short measure of what the community members think at this
point. It does hold a little value. I am not sure if we all really
understand the meaning behind "rolling distro", but the polls still do
give a little value at this point in time.

If we are going to poll communities, the community leaders should really
get together and decide on the process and questions so that the
information collected is valuable. But Ok, this way we still get a
little data to look at.

Marc