[Mageia-dev] Q: how long should we able to upgrade from?

Luca Berra bluca at vodka.it
Tue Oct 19 07:11:14 CEST 2010

On Mon, Oct 18, 2010 at 08:43:25AM -0700, Pascal Terjan wrote:
>On Mon, Oct 18, 2010 at 08:41, Pascal Terjan <pterjan at gmail.com> wrote:
>>> The issue is how do we detect "old tags"???
>>
>> By commenting when adding an Obsoletes ?
>
>Another a way to do it could be svn annotate *.spec + grep Obsoletes +
>look for revision older than a given one
the problem with this is relating a svn revision to a released distro
also we have an svn epoch, when the package was first imported.

i just found:
% svn annotate bacula.spec
    927       root # fix conditional pam config file
    927       root %if %{mdkversion} < 200610
    927       root bzcat %{SOURCE6} > bacula.pam
    927       root %else
    927       root bzcat %{SOURCE7} > bacula.pam
    927       root %endif

i think this could go.

(btw, bacula from 2010.1 builds correctly on 2006.0 if you disable the
qt gui components)

L.

Luca Berra -- bluca at vodka.it