[Mageia-dev] How will be the realese cycle?

Buchan Milne bgmilne at multilinks.com
Wed Oct 20 17:24:56 CEST 2010

On Wednesday, 20 October 2010 15:11:42 andré wrote:
> The critical part is the ability to directly contact the user with the
> problem.  For Bugzilla, you have to log in, so there is an email adresse
> for contact.  And this is generally the case for forums.  If we use a
> forum for submitting bugs, we need the same login so that Bugzilla has a
> contact email available.  This is doable, and would also be more
> convenient for all contributors.
> Of course, there is still the barrier of getting the user to sign up for
> an account ... :)

We aim to solve this by using a single backend for as many of the tools
available to users, at minimum:
-forum
-bug tracker
-mailing list subscription management

Hopefully also:
-wiki
-blogs

If we develop other web apps, e.g. one for browsing packages etc. (for both
packagers and users, integrating the type of information that was available
for Mandriva at maint.mandriva.com, youri.zarb.org/demo/mandriva, build system
output etc.), most likely it will use the same account infrastructure.

I would also look at other SSO technologies (e.g. OpenID) running on this
backend to possibly allow Mageia identities to be used for authenticating to
other (e.g. upstream) projects.

See some more info at http://mageia.org/wiki/doku.php?id=directory

I have finished some of the work that was holding this up, so we may be able
to make this available in a week or two.

Regards,
Buchan