[Mageia-dev] Suggestion-Locales management for One (or Live) Cd releases

Thorsten van Lil tvl83 at gmx.de
Mon Oct 25 13:12:27 CEST 2010

>2010/10/25 Thorsten van Lil <tvl83 at gmx.de>:

It's not about missconfiguration in general. It's about configuring the keyboard layout before entering any passphares, names or whatever and not the other way around. But this could lead to other problems. Just an example:

First boot the Live version. You have to be asked which language you prefer, than which keyboard layout you need and not till then you can setup the wireless connection, otherwise unexperienced user may get serious problems.

After that all further dialogs can be displayed in the selected language. If there is no working internet connection, all dialogs remains in English (although you selected another language).

I'm not against your proposal in general, but if the Mageia community decides to implement it, we need to take care of such things and make it well-rounded. To mean something well isn't always to do something well.

Regards,
Thorsten